Unisa Online Application for Teaching 2024-2025
Unisa Online Application for Teaching 2024-2025
Do you want to acquire a teaching qualification in a flexible and convenient way? There is no need to look any further! Unisa’s Online Application for Teaching provides prospective educators with a route to success while enjoying the benefits of online study.
Teaching is a noble career that demands passion, commitment, patience, perseverance, character, and the determination to make a difference in the lives of a diverse population of young and older children, depending on your phase specialty. To apply for a teaching course at UNISA, submit application before the closing date for the 2024-2025 academic year.
Unisa Online Application Date for Teaching 2024-2025
Applying for a teaching course at UNISA, applications must be submitted within the application time frame. The application dates may vary based on the qualification of application and period of application.
Application date for:
- Undergraduate qualifications (Higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and degrees) : 11 August to 14 October.
- Honours degrees and Postgraduate diplomas: 11 August to 14 October.
- Masters and Doctoral qualifications : 8 September to 14 November.
UNISA Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching Admission Requirements 2024-2025
To qualify for teaching at Unisa, one must have:
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Degree endorsement) with at least 50% in the language of teaching and learning and at least 40% in Mathematics or 50% in Mathematical Literacy,
- A Senior Certificate (SC) with matriculation exemption or qualify for the exemption from the Matriculation Board with at least a D symbol on HG or a C symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning and with at least an F symbol on HG or an E symbol on SG in Mathematics,
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) Level 4 with at least 60% in three fundamental subjects including the language of teaching and learning; 70% in four vocational subjects chosen from the NCV level 4 subjects. Subjects under the following categories are approved as eligible for a BEd degree: All official languages as First Additional Language level, Agriculture and Nature Conservation, Business, Commerce and Management Sciences Services, Education, training and Development, Mathematics and Natural Science.
NB: Applicants who do not comply with the above requirements should consider applying for the Higher Certificate in Education if they meet the statutory and additional requirements.
in addition, the module MTE1501 must be successfully completed in Higher Certificate.
Teaching Practice (Foundation Phase) (Grades 1 – 3) – PCF410X
To carry out practical applications of teaching principles, theories and concepts acquired in other modules through the completion of various workbooks during a period of ten weeks in the Foundation Phase of a primary school. The student is expected to take control of a group (under supervision) and plan, present, and evaluate learning activities during this period.
Higher Certificate in Education
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning,
- A Senior Certificate (SC) with at least an F symbol on HG or an E symbol on SG in the language of teaching and learning,
- A National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 with an equivalent of at least 40% in the language of teaching and learning in terms of the NSC.
Unisa Online Application Procedure For Teaching 2024-2025
Follow the steps below to apply online for a teaching course at UNISA for the 2024-2025 academic year:
- Visit the official website of UNISA at www.unisa.ac.za
- On the registration portal and click on ” Apply for Admission
- Click On “Apply Now”
- Select the Teaching course you prefer
- Select the qualification you’re applying for
- Complete the application form with the required information
- Upload certified copies of supporting documents
- Make payment of your non-refundable application fee of R125.00
- Review your application to ensure that your application is complete.
- Submit your application before the closing date.
READ: Unisa how to apply
Please can Unisa for any further information needed using the contact details below:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Individuals looking for a rewarding career in teaching might consider Unisa’s Online Application for Teaching. Unisa prepares you for success as an educator by providing the flexibility of online study, approved programmes, and a friendly learning environment. Visit Unisa’s Official Website.