MBA – Master of Business Administration
Applications for the 2021 intake are open from 15 September to 15 December 2020
An MBA is regarded by many as the ticket to the C-suite. After all you’d be hard-pressed to find a CEO who doesn’t have one. More than anything, an MBA is structured to turn a manager into a holistic leader capable of steering an organization and its people to success. The MBA gives you access to continue your studies towards a DBL, providing you meet the admission requirements of the DBL.
Admission requirements and supporting documents
- A Bachelor’s Honours Degree or a Postgraduate Diploma, with a minimum 120 credits, OR a 480-credit Bachelor’s Degree. Please supply a copy of your transcript, indicating the symbol or percentage obtained for each module and indicating whether or not the qualification was completed.
- Original documentary proof of at least three years’ managerial/ professional work experience. This could include a letter from your employer on an official letterhead, indicating your period of service. Alternatively a certificate of service could be provided. Applicants operating their own business, should submit a statement from their auditor, accountant, attorney or partner.
- A recent Curriculum Vitae.
- Supply a clear copy of Identity Document or Passport. A copy of driver’s licence will NOT be accepted.
- Once the application is successful, applicants may be required to write an admissions test as part of the selection process.
The Graduate School of Business Leadership may institute additional selection criteria as deemed necessary.
Before you apply
Before you apply, kindly familiarise yourself with the information below:
Kindly direct all your MBA-related enquiries to SBLMBA@unisa.ac.za.
MBA Finance Information
Contact our dedicated MBA Finance Officer to assist you with your MBA-related Finance queries:
Tel: +27 11 652 0221
For all your general Finance queries, kindly use the contact information below:
Landline: 011 652 0312 / 0379 / 0380
Your student comprise the following:
- A once-off, non-refundable application fee.
- Tuition fees; comprisingan acceptance deposit and a subsequent payment plan.
- Additional fees for students outside of SA and outside of Africa.
Your application fee
- The once-off, non-refundable application fee is R115.
- The application fee may be paid using the follwoing options:
- myUnisa online payment platform: https://bit.ly/3jsw5xA
- Via an electronic fund transfer (EFT).
- A valid credit card.
- A cash deposit at your nearest bank.
Kindly note the following important information:
- Unisa is a strictly cashless environment.
- Bursars (sponsors) can request a pro-forma invoice from the Fees Office.
- Invoices will only be created once a valid purchase order (PO) is sent by the bursar/ sponsor.
MBA 2021 Payment structure & Tuition fees
- 50% of total tuition on registration.
- 25% of total tuition on 15 May, balance due on 15 August.
Second semester modules
- 50% of total tuition due on 15 August.
Total fees: R187 793.00
MBA 1: R137 715.00 (7 Compulsory modules + 2 electives)
- 50% on registration: R 68 861.00
- 25% payable 15 May: R31 295.00
- 25% payable 15 August: R18 780.00
MBA 2: R50 078.00 (Integrated Management Report)
- 50% on registration: R25 039.00
- 25% payable 15 May: R12 520.00
- 25% payable 15 August: R12 519.00
Acceptance / Registration fees
- MBA 1 R 68 861.00
- MBA 2 R 25 039.00