Unisa Admission Requirements 2023-2024
Unisa Admission Requirements 2024-2025
The University of South Africa, or Unisa, is Africa’s top distance learning university, cultivating tomorrow’s inspired leaders. We are a respected, comprehensive, scalable, and economical open distance learning university that inspires future generations. We have access to world-class resources and provide internationally recognised credentials. Unisa’s three core business categories are teaching research, and community participation. At Unisa, postgraduate programmes across multiple faculties, each with its own set of academic criteria. A National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an equivalent certificate with a minimum of a National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 is often required for aspiring undergraduates. Language competence, mathematics, and relevant courses relating to the selected programme should be included in these NSC subjects.
Prospective students for postgraduate programmes must have a relevant bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification from an approved institution. Furthermore, some programmes may demand prior job experience in relevant fields of study. Applicants must meet specific requirements for admission, which include educational qualifications, language proficiency, and the application procedure.
Unisa General Admission Requirements
Your admission to study at Unisa depends on the particular admission criteria for your chosen qualification being met. You can check another qualification if you do not meet these requirements. Visit the qualifying page for undergraduate qualification, click here. Below are admission requirements for the various qualifications at UNISA;
HIGHER CERTIFICATE QUALIFICATIONS
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC), with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics
- A Senior Certificate, with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics in terms of the NSC
- A National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4, with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning and 40% in Mathematics in terms of the NSC
- An appropriate NQF 7 qualification from an accredited provider of higher education. A minimum of 60% for the major(s), or for a selected number of NQF 7 modules in the qualification.
- An Honours degree, postgraduate diploma, or 4-year bachelor of science degree in the related field, with an average of at least 60%. Applicants must first contact the relevant academic department to con rm the availability of a supervisor, before applying for admission. Students who have not completed a module in research methodology may be required to complete such a module before the proposal for a Master’s degree will be considered.
- An appropriate Master’s degree. Applicants must first contact the relevant academic department to con rm the availability of a supervisor, before applying for admission
- A National Diploma in Engineering, at NQF level 6, in the relevant field
- A 360 credit Diploma in Engineering at NQF Level 6, in the relevant field
- Advanced Certificate in Engineering Practice in a relevant eld at NQF Level 6, from an accredited provider of higher education
- A national or international equivalent qualification at NQF level 6 in the appropriate field
UNISA Contact Infomation
If you want any additional information, please contact Unisa at the following address:
- Preller Street, Muckleneuk Ridge, Pretoria
- Sunnyside campus (applications, registrations & learning centre):
- Cnr Justice Mahomed & Steve Biko Streets, Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Tel: 0800 005 311
- Email: email@example.com
Visit Unisa’s Official Website. Unisa Admission Requirements 2024-2025