Maluti TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
Maluti TVET College Online Application 2023-2024
Maluti TVET College is a Technical Vocational Education & Training Institution which is registered and accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The college has its accreditation from Umalusi and several Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs).
Maluti Tvet College provides excellent, innovative, relevant and responsive vocational and occupational programmes that inspire entrepreneurship and employability to transform lives to meet the demands of skilled labour shortage in South Africa.
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) prepares people for specific trades, crafts and careers at various levels from a trade, craft, technician, or high professional practitioner position in careers such as engineering, accountancy, nursing, medicine, architecture, law etc. Thus the college has responsive programmes that are relevant and responsive in areas of learning, knowledge and skills that Provide world-class programme in partnership with institutions of excellence nationally and internationally.
As a student that doesn’t want to make any mistake in taking a decision to attend just any college, we will recommend Maluti TVET College because it is among one of the best colleges.
In order to give the youth access to the Maluti TVET College, the government has made funds available in the form of bursaries to qualifying students that are in need of financial assistance and are able to demonstrate potential for academic success. The Department of Education TVET College bursary scheme assists students intending to enrol at TVET Colleges for National Certificate Vocational (NCV) programmes, but who are unable to fund their studies. Students may apply based on the Means test administered by the college. The college manages the bursary award process.
Below are the application details of Maluti TVET College.
Application Dates: The application is open throughout the year.
Maluti TVET College Programmes Offered
The college offers a wide variety of courses to live up to its vision as a provider of Education and Training Excellence. The college courses lead to learning and An extensive selection of skills programmes ensures that the College is also meeting the need for skills training at a grassroots level. The college offers the following programmes in National Certificate (Vocational) and Nated;
It is a Specialised National Certificate for a chosen career. This qualification is designed to provide both the theory and practice of the chosen career and is geared toward alleviating the skills shortage in the country. Below are Programmes offered ;
- What is National Certificate (Vocational)
- National Certificate (Vocational) is a new qualification offered at levels 2, 3 and 4 of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
- The National Certificate Vocational is designed to provide both theory and practice. The practical component of the study may be offered in a real workplace environment or in a simulated workplace environment.
- It provides students with an opportunity to experience work situations during their period of study. The qualification also provides an opportunity to enter higher education studies [University or University of Technology]
- ENGINEERING RELATED FIELD Information Technology Level 2
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction Level 2 -4
- Engineering and Related Design Level 2
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction Level 2 -4
- Marketing Level 2-4
- Finance, Economics and Accounting Level 2-4
- Office Administration Level 2-4
- Primary Agriculture Level 2-4
- Education and Development Level 2-4
- Hospitality Level 2-4
- Primary Health Level 2-4
WHAT ARE THE PASS REQUIREMENTS FOR NC (V) NQF LEVEL 2 – 4?
In order to progress to the next NQF Level students have to pass all SEVEN subjects. Once all 21 subjects have been passed successfully the NC (V) Qualification is obtained.
The pass requirement for the four vocational subjects is 50% per subject.
The pass requirement for fundamental subjects is as follows:
- Life Orientation 40%
- English 1st Additional Language 40%
- Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy 30%
- Only one fundamental subject may be condoned for a maximum of 5%. No condonement for Vocational subjects. (T’s & C’s apply).
Should the student fail, he/she may be required to repeat the failed subject to obtain valid ICASS marks.
NATED PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
- Electrical Engineering N1-N6
- Mechanical Engineering N1-N6
- Civil Engineering N1-N6
- Three certified copies of ID/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Three certified copies of ID of Parent/Legal Guardian
- One ID size photo
- Copy Certified of latest school report/Grade 9 or Higher
- A unique Email address and cellphone number
How to Obtain Application Forms
Application forms can be obtained from any of the Campuses: You can contact the central office with the contact information we have provided below:
How to Apply to Maluti TVET College
Below is a step by step guide to Applying to Maluti TVET College. Make sure to read everything we have written;
Step 1. Identify the course you wish to study, career counselling is available.
Fill in the application form which is available on all the campuses and the Admin Centre, or you can apply online.
Step 2. Pay a non-refundable registration fee of R100 or a late application of R200, therefore ensure that you meet the minimum requirements before applying, payment details are on the application form. This doesn’t guarantee your admission.
Step 3. Submit the form to the campus you wish to study with, together with your certified ID copy, latest school results, ID copy of parent/guardian and proof of payment.
If applying online you can submit your documents electronically.
Step 4. Foreign candidates have the responsibility of evaluating their qualifications with SAQA before applying;
No foreign students will be accepted if this is not done.
Step 5. Once your application has been submitted, the college will inform you if you have been admitted and you will be required to write a pace test, thereafter you are expected to attend classes.
Maluti TVET College Contact Details
- Address: MAMPOI ROAD
- Address: Private Bag X870
- Tel. 058 713 6100
For more information, kindly visit the school’s official website for more.