Unisa Honours Degrees
Unisa Honours Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas; All applicant applying for Honours Degrees and Postgraduate Diplomas must choose an Honours Degree or Postgraduate Diploma which is line with your major subjects in your undergraduate qualification.
Application for admission to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas for the 2021 academic year will be open from 1 September 202o to 15 December 2020. Similarly, if there is enough space available after the deadline, additional date will be announced. Also, CTA programmes have earlier closing dates.
Applicants applying online must pay a fee of R115 whiles those applying using hard copy must pay a fee of R185.
Who Can Apply?
Everyone wanting to start a new honours degree or postgraduates diploma can apply. This includes:
- First time applicant
- Unisa students switching to a new qualification and/or changing the specialization of their current qualification
- Applicants who wish to continue postgraduate studies in their final year of undergraduate qualification
Unisa will access your application according to the academic admission criteria/ requirements for your selected qualification(s) of choice and the final mark gained for your major subjects at the third-year undergraduate level. The following are the admission admission criteria:
- The Statutory and Admission requirement for your qualification(s) of choice.
- Minimum Academic Points Score( APS) for your qualification(s) of choice.
- Have a valid Email Address and a Cell phone number.
During application process, ensure these documents are ready to upload:
- Copy of school qualifications
- Copy of official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
All completed admission applications must be submitted online. Unisa will communicate with you via the e-mail address and cellphone number you provided during the application period.